Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Two Sides of Isaac

Yesterday while Grams and Isaac were having water play, AKA water fight with spray bottles, I decided to get out the camera and take some pictures. Once Isaac noticed me taking his picture, this is the funny fake attitude he gave me. Sometimes when he puts on this act it feels like he is 6 year-old boy going on 13 year-old girl. But I think when he's 13 most of what I'll hear is "Hrph," "I dunno, " "Whatever," etc. You know, teenage boy talk for "leave me alone you're embarrassing me in front of myself, mom."

This is the other side of Isaac, the one I see most. Smiling, happy, caring Isaac. My mom took this picture of Isaac while they were inside his newly added fort on his play structure. The bottom of his play structure was supposed to be a sandbox, but he has long since outgrown playing in the sand. Instead of waste the space, we added a floor, walls, a door and window so he has his own special hideout. Hopefully it will provide several more years of play, imagination and fun for him.

No comments: