Monday, April 21, 2008

Our New Laundry Room

In March, Paul and I got an amazing deal on a fantastic LG washer and dryer. We have long wanted a set that could stack since our tiny laundry room would be so much more usable with them. Plus, our previous set was mismatched and when we moved in 7 years ago we doubted how long they would last. In order to prepare the room I had to remove the strongest cabinet ever made (I swear the maker thought someone would want to store their bowling ball collection in it!) by destroying it. Then I had to patch up the walls, sand them and of course paint. Isaac helped me do some sanding, see picture at the left. Isaac also did most of the first coat of paint with the roller! I spent hours painting corners and trim since there are FOUR doors in that one room. When Isaac ran out of steam, I took over and did the second coat.
Below right you can see the *almost* final product. The shelves are in, as are the washer and dryer. We still need to solve a cord issue, but the room is functional! This washer and dryer are super cool. They sense how many clothes you have in the load and add water accordingly, plus they have cool lights (blue and orange), smooth clicking knobs accompanied by super tech-y sounds. Paul is geeked out by the fact that it has a built in modem so you can monitor the time left on the cycle from another room (I could care less).

No comments: