Thursday, July 26, 2007

Shaver Lake

We just arrived home this morning after an all night 13 hour drive. But, we have mostly settled in and are relaxing before we head back to work tomorrow. I decided my first post should show you all why we travel all night there and all night back just to go to some lake in California. I'm guessing that once you see the pictures, you'll understand why...This is Shaver Lake, where my family has a cabin. California had a dry winter so the Lake isn't full--usually it's up to the tree line. These two pictures were actually taken from just about the same spot on the Lake, one toward the Lake and the other toward the shore. Our cabin is just around the bend from these shots. We actually stayed at our other family cabin just down Highway 168 in Pineridge--see my soon to be posted pictures of there--and made nearly daily trips to the Lake to swim, visit with family staying there and kayak or use the peddle boat. For me and my family, this is our patch of Heaven on Earth. There is no other place as special to me as this one. I have
been lucky enough to come to this beautiful place since the summer I was born--I actually had my first bath in a wash tub at the Lake. Leaving the Lake this year was especially tough. Having so much time to relax and enjoy the Lake was really special and I just didn't want to come home! Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Raindancer said...

I cannot wait for more! I love hearing you tell about the lake, your cabin, and your time spent there. So beautiful.

Raindancer said...

PS, I'm raindancer...

Heidi