Friday, June 1, 2007

Sir Isaac

Aside from watching movies, Isaac's favorite thing to do is to get dressed up. Luckily, I'm relatively handy with the sewing machine. This knight outfit is really a combination of many different costumes I've made. The pants are from his John Smith costume, the tunic is the first costume I ever made him. The chain mail hood I made for his birthday this year. And the armor with the horns on the shoulder is something I recently made. Isaac used some of his birthday money to buy some fabric for me to make him some new costumes, the armor is the first part I've completed. I have many other sewing project for him and for others on the table, but I guess it'll keep me busy this summer--as if I need help keeping busy! When I'm not sewing, I'm scrapbooking. Perhaps one of my next posts should have some of my scrapbooking work in it. Paul said the next thing I should add is a picture of us, and I will, as soon as the most recent one isn't from last June! We'll go out to dinner for Paul's birthday this coming Tuesday, so I
hope to have a picture of us to post next week. Incidentally, Isaac and I were recently talking about our summer plans to visit the Lake and he asked me if everyone can go there or just our family. I explained that only our family can go, but that that is a lot of people. I drew a rough family tree and only did the line that reaches him, explaining that each of my grandmother's siblings also had children that had children who now have children. He seemed to semi-grasp how many people that involves. Then I told him that when he gets married to whoever (I wrote a ?) and they have kids, (I randomly drew 3 lines to represent their children) they will all be able to go to the Lake and Pine Ridge, too. Isaac was OK with all that, but informed me that he won't be having 3 kids. I said "Oh, only 2?" "No," he answered. I said "Oh 5, 6, 7, 18?" and he replied "Five. Write what I say." So he proceeded to name his 5 children on the spot. The oldest will be a girl, Jenny, the second born will be Sir (he pronounces it Zir) Sinbad, the third will be Rebecca, the
fourth will be Sir William, and the last will be named "after me." I said "Sir Isaac?" He replied, "No, he'll be named AFTER me." I explained that that would mean his son would have the same name as him. Isaac accepted this after some explanation and an example (thank goodness for JP!). Then Isaac told me, he would write the name on the family tree as he knows how to write that--his name--already. I got a nice little laugh from that.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

LOL. OMG. I was dying. Naming his kids? What a hoot!

I can't believe you don't just write what he says. What kind of mother are you anyway?

Marlene said...

Miwa - I hope you don't mind me checking into your blog once in a while - since, if Isaac has his way, we will all be family one day! Has Kira approved the names he has picked out? He is a doll! Looked so absolutely darling (mini-handsome?!) in a suit! You should post one of those here!
(Heidi's mom)

Soto Family said...

Marlene,
You are welcome to read my blog any time you want! I love to get comments, so reading your comments today, made my day! I think I may have to let everyone on my blog know you can leave comments like Heidi did. I don't know if Kira has approved the names, I doubt it!