Tuesday, June 19, 2007

More Swimming With Friends

After swim class today, Isaac and I headed over to see one of my best, dear friends, Sandi. I'd call her an "old" friend since we've been friends for 13 years, but neither she nor I are "old..." Sandi and her family relocated to the Kansas City area 4 years ago, leaving me stranded and so sad, but are here visiting for a week or so. Isaac and I headed over for a visit and a swim in Sandi's parents' pool. Sandi's boys Nathan (7) and Justin (5) were so sweet and kind to Isaac. I just wish they lived here so the boys could grow up together. Isaac has great friends here, but it would be nice to have more "guys" to hang out with now and then.
The boys played in the pool for close to an hour and a half, while Sandi and I chatted, caught up and got in the pool ourselves. After our swim, we went in for some lunch. The boys continued to play afterwards until it was time for us to go home. We hope to be able to squeeze another visit in before they head home next week, after all this is a rare opportunity for the boys and for Sandi and I! I got a couple of good shots of Isaac getting more brave in the pool and trying out water wings for the first time. Enjoy!

No comments: