Monday, June 18, 2007

First Swimming Lesson!



Isaac, Kira, Evan and Collin started their swim lessons today--they are "Eels," I think the YMCA still has the same names for their swimming class levels as when I was a kid. Six kids, one teacher and 30 minutes for the class. We'll see how much he learns...But if he likes it we can always have him take more classes. It was really exciting for me to see him in his first swim lesson. I know that swim lessons were the start of a long, continuing, love of swimming for me. I guess I kind of hope that Isaac shares that same passion, but we'll see. Swimming is such a healthy and not injury-prone sport, so of course the mom in me is all for it. I'd be swimming regularly still, if I could figure out how to fit it in my schedule. Anyway, here's a picture of the group and Isaac after his lesson. After the lesson, I asked Isaac if he learned anything new. He told me "Yeah, now I know how to swim." Heh, heh, heh. If only we could all learn so quickly! ;-)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

LOL! I'm amazed, he's such a little genius! One lesson and he's ready for Olympic Gold! heehe. Kira? Not nearly the prodigy...she learned how to open her eyes under the water! Evan said "I don't know".

Unknown said...

Collin said he learned to kick his feet and blow bubbles. Sure is a good thing I paid to put him in swimming lessons to learn that! And to think that all this time I had no idea he couldn't kick or blow bubbles! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marlene said...

Miwa - thanks for being the 'good daughter' with a camera AND posting skills (not to mention actually knowing how to take pictures!) Thanks for the heads up Heidi! Such talented kids, this swim babies!

Unknown said...

I think "dolphin" runs through Miwa's blood after watching the way she took to the water. May Isaac be blessed with her inheritance!

her smojer, Grams, Eliza