Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Smoje's Taos Home

Okay, I have been the biggest slacker at blogging. My apologies. Back in June, Isaac and I took a drive to visit my mom at her new place in Taos. For any of you who know her, you will look and see that if there is any place she should be, this is *it*! The first photograph shows her stone and wood cabin--yes, it's there tucked away behind the trees. There is an amazing view of the mountains behind her home, dirt roads and elk trails to walk on, neighbors with all kinds of cool animals, including yaks. There are also asequias (not sure how to spell that) running through the area--neatly dug waterways that control water run-off from the mountains.
To the front of the house you look out over the mesa, which is what is pictured to the right. It is a beautiful spot at the end of a dirt road, on the outskirts of a little town, fits my momma to a "T."

No comments: