Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Blokus

While visiting Isaac, Grams and I were able to do lots of fun stuff. For Isaac it was great to be out in basically the middle of nowhere and be able to explore and go on adventures around the house alone (as long as he could hear us when we called). He set up a rope and swung across the acequias, explored, found sticks and rocks, and went for several days without needing much from me or my mom. But we also roasted marshmallows, played Blokus, went for a few walks, went swimming in town and went horseback riding starting at 10,000 feet--I'll get to that in the next post--as well as built a worm farm--also forthcoming. It was a wonderful time for all, except the flat tire on the way there that I changed at 11 at night in a gas station while 3 sheriffs loitered outside the convenience store chatting. Thanks dad for teaching me how to change my tire, those sheriffs weren't so good at "serving and protecting."

No comments: