Sunday, December 28, 2008

Work Bullies

Ok, so I have no picture to go with this story, but it's so funny that I have to post it anyway. Tonight Isaac had some homework to do, that *shockingly* he wasn't so keen on doing, duh he has totally cool new Legos to play with. Paul and I were trying to explain how important homework can be in helping you retain information and learn. I told Isaac to ask Paul why he always does his homework. He still wasn't satisfied. So I explained that getting into college depends on good grades which depends on doing homework which is a habit you build...blah blah blah. Then I explained that if you don't get good grades lots of colleges won't let you in and so Isaac said he'd just climb over the wall and go to college anyway. So, I explained why that might not actually get you a degree. Next up: the importance of having a college degree...for example Paul can't do the job he wants without a degree, they won't even interview him without a college diploma and Isaac said "That's like work bullies!" I had to laugh!

No comments: