Friday, November 28, 2008

Smoje Opens Her Quilt

So, not the greatest picture, of us or the quilt, but it's the best one...so take it or leave it. Turns out my mom really likes the quilt, thank goodness since I spent quite a bit of time on it. I picked this pattern and bought the fabric about 2 years ago. I just finally got to making it this fall. Funny though, the last time my Mom was visiting, she was looking through the quilt book that this quilt pattern and said of this quilt "you can make this quilt for me anytime you want." I just chuckled on the inside, the kind of chuckle you have when you know something someone else doesn't--you know the kind where you feel so clever just being you. That doesn't happen so often to me, so I really enjoyed it. So I guess I picked the right quilt! So happy that she likes it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you mean, "Turns out she likes it." It is awesomely beautiful and I know the detail and complexity of building this pattern in this gradient must have taken an inordinate amount of time, love and skill. It is truly magical to sleep under and I feel incredibly loved and honored to receive it from Miwa. She is an amazing original.

Unknown said...

That is sooooooo beautiful!!!! I would be really, really jealous except that Eric and I are lucky enough to sleep under one too!