Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Meeting Place

As my first cousin once removed (AKA my dad's cousin) Tokkie pointed out when we met him at the Lake, Isaac really needs to come out of his shell more. Tokkie advised calling Dr. Phil to try to start working on Isaac's shyness. Ha! While on vacation this year, Isaac spent a lot of time talking people up. It seems that if you're in the family, you're fair game, so look out. First up to bat in the meeting place (the top of a rock Isaac took a liking to) was Rebecca (my dad's sister). I think he would have talked to her FOREVER, given the chance!
A couple days later my cousin Hannah came up with her mom Jenny (also my dad's sister). Next thing we knew, he had her up in his meeting place, offering up an earful of goodness knows what information. I suspect when she woke up the next morning she found a pile of words on her pillow that had poured out of her ears when she laid down her head! When Isaac gets going the listener need not even say "Really?" "Uh-huh." "Wow." or "Cool." He is content to rattle on without the signs of an active listener. Both Rebecca and Hannah, and anyone else he chatted up, were sweet and listened to all his words of wisdom.

No comments: