Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Weddiversarychristentine's Day

So this is a quilt that my mom and I made for my brother and his wife's wedding...July 6th 1997. We finished the top for their wedding gift, but then it has been in progress for the last ten plus years. My mom handed the project over to me last summer in hopes of getting it done for their ten year anniversary. Needless to say, it didn't happen in time. Then the aim was to get it done for Christmas, but the quilter was booked through the holidays and couldn't have it done until January fifteenth. So then I got it back and had to finish up the binding. Needless to say, my aim of Christmas was out. So I thought Valentine's Day, why not? Well missed that, too.
For those of you who know me, you know I am really on time for most everything, especially cards and gifts. So this is a major flub on my part, oh well. But I finally got it in the mail on Valentine's Day and it arrived today, whew! My fear was that it would get lost in the mail after all this time, but it didn't. Now I can share the pictures with you all! The first photo shows some of the squares closer. The second photo shows a detail of the quilting pattern (called pine bough). The last photo shows the whole thing together.

No comments: