Sunday, February 24, 2008

Family Day at the Zoo

Today, we did something that feels a little like a miracle, we all went to the zoo together! Now there were tons of families there and I'm sure it's the most normal thing in the world to most. But for us, three months ago this simple pleasure would have been impossible. Paul would have been at the Summit Hut working and I would have just come off my second overnight in a row. But today, we did it! Our little zoo here is nothing too exciting, but Isaac loves to run from exhibit to exhibit and peek at the animals before he runs off to another. And I dare to think that blissful smile is at getting to hang out with his Daddy and Mommy.
This bronze elephant by the elephant enclosure is always a must climb. I managed to get a smile in between all the funny faces he made as soon as I put the camera up. Isaac has recently found the joy of making his friends and family laugh and will go to extremes to get those laughs. So the goofy look and actions are something we often have the pleasure of seeing.


No comments: