Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pirate Treasure Hunt

This year, I decided to have some activities planned for the kids to do while we were hanging out at Pineridge over the weekend. I decided to plan a treasure hunt. I bought and stained a small treasure chest, bought "treasure" and parchment paper for the treasure map. Isaac wanted to be Captain, and Ella and Kaia were nice enough to let him lead the way. I drew the map and included key landmarks to help them know where they were and Paul distressed the map to make it look real. These pictures show the initial reading of the map, the hunt and the pirate booty they found. I think we'll do it again next year, but make it more challenging.
































2 comments:

Raindancer said...

OMG. I can't keep up. I have been crazy busy, and you have been blogging like a crazy woman. Hopefully your meetings will keep you busy so I have time to comment on them all! Geesh.

Heidi said...

I'm raindancer